Grants Scheme for Small and Medium Enterprises to Promote Agritourism and Rural Development
Competent Body: Department of Town Planning and Housing
Application Submission Date: Until budget is depleted
- Products and services of SMEs to be associated with tradition,
- Showcase and highlight the authentic tradition of Cyprus countryside,
- Facilities core location to be in predefined areas by the scheme, in Cyprus countryside.
- Active and registered SMEs in Cyprus (start-ups or existing) and are owners or tenants of Listed Historical Buildings or ancient monuments in the areas covered by the Scheme
Eligible uses for sponsorship:
- Tourist accommodations. Hotel units are excluded.,
- Restaurants, taverns, traditional coffee shops,
- Activities connected to nature, civilization, tradition, entertainment such as Exhibitions of traditional products, workshops of fine arts and museums / exhibition areas etc. These activities must emphasize the promotion of the authentic traditional character of Cyprus countryside.
Terms and Conditions:
- Planning Permission and Building Permit in force on the date of filing the application,
- The building to be declared as “Listed” by the Department of Town Planning and Housing,
- On the article of incorporation, it should be clear that SME is associated with the field of rural tourism.
- Construction Projects,
- Fees for the services of architects, civil engineers or other consultant (metering, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, etc).
- 50% of eligible costs is sponsored with a provided maximum grant of €200.000 (The maximum de minimis funding any single recipient can receive is €200,000 over a three-year fiscal period).
- The minimum eligible investment for application purposes is €120.000 / Maximum €800.000